There are different types of ants which includes
Argentine ants- could become a large threat, as the colony size can become monumental, sometimes covering entire habitats.
Carpenter Ants- ant species got their name from excavating wood in structures in order to build nests, resulting in smooth tunnels running inside the wooden structure.
Ghost Ants- look like tiny, white apparitions who suddenly appear and seem to disappear just as quickly. They are found both inside and outside.
Pavement Ants- Pavement ants get their name from nesting underneath pavements or in cracks in pavement. They can also inhabit structures.
Signs of Ants
- Damaging of any Wood within which they nest.
- Presence of workers inside the building.
- Piles of wood shavings found beneath wood items.
- Faint rustling noises inside woodwork.
How to get rid of Ants
Two types of Ant Problems –
- Ants that live Outside and forage Inside – do ant control outside
- Ants that already have a nest built inside – do ant control Inside
Ant Control Strategy should depend on type of Infestation and type of Ant. Treatment plans should include killing the entire colony.
- Eliminate water and food sources
- eliminate access points.
- Do proper sanitation of the popular Hangouts.