Bedbugs are dark reddish brown, oval and very flat. Development depends on availability of host blood, temperature, humidity and harbourage. Developmental Stages includes egg, nymph and adult. Hosts include Humans, Poultry, Rodents, Dogs and Cats. Itching caused by bites results in secondary infection.
Signs of Bedbugs
Indications of Bedbug Activity Include:
- Live or Dead Bedbugs
- Blood Spotting
- A Sticky Sweet Coriander/Almond-Like Smell
- Evidence of Bites
Bedbugs use well defined resting sites in which the different stages in the life cycle can be found in significant numbers. Bedbugs spend the majority of their time in these harborages, aggregated.
- Blood Loss results in Anemia
- Suppressed immune systems
- Sleepless Nights results in Lethargy and Lack of concentration
- Entomophobia in Neurotic Individuals
- Allergic Reactions
- Can cause itching and may also result in swelling or blister-like skin inflammations
- Skin irritation
- Itching caused by bites results in secondary infection
How to get rid of Bedbugs?
- Physical Removal
- Heat -bedbugs are very sensitive to Heat and are rapidly killed when exposed to high TEMPERATURES.
- Steam- its effective as it kills all stages of the bedbug.
- Pesticide treatment- Spray treatment on Beds, mattresses, sofas, cupboards and shelves.
- Powder treatment- Powder treatment on all the electric points and areas where we cannot spray.
- Reduce Clutter in your Home to reduce hiding Spots.
- Wash and dry your bed linens on the hottest temperature permitted.
- vacuum Frequently
- Closely inspect any second-hand furniture before bringing it in your home.
- Check secondhand furniture’s, beds, Couches for any signs of infestation before bringing them Home.
- Inspect your home after moving, trips, service calls or overnight guests.