Bees are flying insects closely related to wasps and ants, known for their role in pollination and ,in the case of the best-known bee species ,the European honey bee , for producing honey and beeswax.
While bees can benefit the environment in many ways, it is inconvenient and possibly dangerous to let a bee hive thrive near your home.
Signs of infestation
- an infestation occurs when you see an excessive amount of bees building nests in numerous locations throughout your property.
- Active nests can be found in trees ,under the eaves of your home, garage, or shed, in the attic , or nestled and hidden in wall voids .
- Degrading honey inside walls will also leak leaving dark spots on ceiling and walls.it emits an unpleasant odour that infiltrates the home.
How to get rid of bees?
Effective treatment relies upon proper identification of bees species. Liquid insecticides labelled for bees are used to treat the nest, follow immediately with a dust application and seal any inside holes.
- Keep bees outside the structure by repairing any holes in the exterior wall and making sure that all vents and windows have tight -fitting screens.
- Seal over the chimney flu temporarily with tape and plastic sheeting if bees are entering here.