There are Four types of cockroaches in Dubai -German, American ,brown banded and Oriental. Cockroaches can measure over 50 mm (2 in) length, with tropical species tending to be larger than those found in other climates. Cockroaches have six legs, two antennae and some have wings. However, most winged cockroaches are not particularly adept at flying.
German roaches are the most common and difficult to control and health hazard because they carry bacteria that is transmitted to humans.
Signs of Cockroaches
Cockroach seen during the day is a possible sign of Infestation. Small roaches produce feces that resemble coffee grounds or black pepper, while larger roaches expel cylindrical droppings.
Droppings in the dark areas where they hide
Homeowners may find these droppings in basements, in pantries or behind appliances
- Cockroaches are filthy pests. They can spread disease, contaminate our food and cause allergies and even asthma.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), they are proven or suspected carriers of the organisms causing diarrhea, dysentery, cholera, leprosy, plague, typhoid fever and viral diseases such as poliomyelitis.
How to get rid of Cockroaches?
Baits and Gel Treatment – includes insecticides formulated in attractive food bases. When placed in Infested areas, the insects feed on the baits picking up a lethal dose of Insecticide in the process.
DUSTS –can be placed deep in Cracks, crevices, and wall voids, under refrigerators and Furniture.
Surface Residual Sprays- Effective treatment depends upon the selection and thorough application of a suitable Insecticide.
TRAPS – The use of traps allow the technician to ascertain where Cockroach activity is greatest, thereby reducing the risk of Incorrect application of Insecticide.
- Remove food and water from surface
- Remove shelter
- Reduce the food sources for the Cockroaches
- Do not leave food Scarps exposed