Treating termite before construction can help you defend against possible claims in the future.
Signs of termite Infestations
- Presence of mud like material that lines the galleries in an irregular pattern.
- Swarmers -the appearance of swarm.
- A temporary swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil around your home.
- Any cracked or bubbling paint or frays (termite droppings).
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Mud tubes on exterior walls, wooden beams or in crawl spaces.
- Discarded wings from swarmers.
How to Get Ride of Termite
Pre-construction termite treatment
Construction Specification for several projects demands the protection for termite in the finishing’s and Several others request termite free environment. Treating the soil before any slab placement with insecticides is the most common method of termite treatment. This will form a chemical Barrier between ground slab and masonry that will prevent the insect to approach the building.
Post construction termite treatment
Is the job carried out to an existing building, this job can be carried out as a proofing against termite or when termite activity is spotted within the premise. This is done by creating a termite barrier around the premises, a termite barrier works so effectively because it creates a chemical barrier around the entire perimeter of a house or building because all entry points are protected. Depending on the structural of the premises the exact requirement for each barrier ca differ
- Drilling and Injecting
- Trenching and Flooding
There are two major methods for termite control you can use liquid termite Insecticides (termiticides) for barrier or soil treatment or termite Baits.
Liquid Termiticides -prevent the termite from entering the structure. These treatment will prevent the termite inside the structure from getting in to the soil to get the moisture needed to survive. If you choose a Liquid termite method it will give you faster results
Since termites are a constant threat to your home, here are some things you can do during the year to help maintain the effectiveness of The Pest Busters Treatment Plan. Small steps make a big difference in termite prevention and sustaining an effective termite treatment plan. Eliminate moisture conditions and termite food around your home. These steps will make your home a less attractive target.
- Repair leaking nozzles, water pipes, and A/C units
- Divert water from foundation
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean
- Remove excessive plant cover and wood mulch
- Get rid of standing water on roof
- Keep all exhausts clear and open
- Seal entry points around water and utility lines or pipes
- Keep firewood, lumber or paper away from foundation or crawl space
- Get rid of stumps and debris near house
- Place screens on outside vents
- Check decks and wooden fences for damage
- Wood on your home shouldn’t contact the soil